Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Loaded Day

I have new treats to share. I'm even going to give you pictures this time. Prepare to be amazed.

First let's talk about these muffins:


They're called Loaded Breakfast Muffins, and you can find the recipe here.

Now the website the recipe is from says they only have 100.4 calories. That is a calculation for a recipe that makes 30 muffins while for me, the recipe made 21. So, I used the calculator on MyFitnessPal, which gave me a total of 156 calories per muffin, 30 carbs, 3g fat, 13g sugar.

Ok, so once you're gathered all the necessary ingredients to make these your counter top will look like this:

That's a bad picture, but I'm not a photographer.

Then, you'll whisk your dry ingredients in a large bowl like so:

And yes, that is my retro blender in the background. A true 1970's gem. 

Anywho, once you've done that, mix your wet ingredients together in a small bowl. Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add wet all at once to dry. Kinda like this:

Stir until just blended, then dump in all your fresh goodness. See?
(Word to the wise - the recipe calls for more carrots than it really needs. Unless you like super duper carroty muffins, then by all means - shower yourself in orange.)

Gently mix it all together, plop it in a muffin tray, and bake your muffins for 25 minutes. They're delicious straight out of the oven. I wrapped mine individually and froze half of them since it made so many.

And all the while I was drinking this:
If you want to drink it too, I'd suggest plopping a half cup of chopped strawberries, one banana, a half cup of orange juice and 4 or 5 ice cubes in your blender & hitting "liquify". It's quite delightful, and only 172 calories, 0g fat. I'm a fan of throwing random fruit in a blender, it really never turns out bad and it's a great guilt free snack.

Before I end this I also want to say that if you take care of yourself, if you do your best to be healthy, you will be absolutely amazed at the difference it makes in every aspect of your life. I have been doing this for about two and a half months now and I feel better about myself than ever. You only get one body for the rest of your life, and the things that you do to it now can and will affect you later in life. Making better choices about the food you eat can significantly decrease your risk of serious health problems. Most of the time illnesses like diabetes and high blood pressure can be avoided simply by eating right and exercising. It's such an easy choice! I won't lie, I don't exercise. Therefore, I feel more compelled to eat 'cleaner'. The sooner you start making better decisions, the better quality of life you'll have in the long run. Health is something that I am becoming increasingly passionate about. Thank you for caring.

So, after you do all of these things and eat/drink all of your delicious food, you should probably take a nap.

Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment