Monday, April 23, 2012

Tales of a Blueberry Sunday

Every Sunday I make a batch of muffins and wrap them individually for grab-and-go breakfasts throughout the week. I have yet to repeat a muffin recipe, I love trying new ones! I'm very open to new foods, but the beau is not so he gives me an honest opinion of how someone else might feel about my creations. He tends to like about every other recipe. I made the mistake of using a recipe that had absolutely no sugar in it one week...needless to say, from that point on he always makes sure I put sugar in my muffins. While the sugarless muffins didn't taste bad to me, they apparently tasted like cardboard to him. Therefore, 9 times out of 10 there will be sugar in the muffin recipes you find here. :)  

This Sunday I found my recipe on one of my new favorite blogs, The Yummy Life.  They are Blueberry Oat Streusel-Topped Muffins, and they are delicious. I found the nutrition facts using the recipe calculator at My Fitness Pal (the website I use to track my calories - I highly recommend it, their database is HUGE), the totals for these muffins are as follows; 256 Calories, 38 carbs, 10g fat, 4g protein, 275mg sodium, and 20g sugar. They are the least healthy muffins I've made so far - but I'm satisfied as long as the total calories do not exceed 300 and the total fat does not exceed 10g. It's really no wonder they taste so good...they almost count as a splurge! Click here for the recipe. I followed this recipe exactly as it's written, so I'm not going to re-write it here. She also provides step by step instructions including photos which makes it very easy to follow along. For other recipes I post I may include the link & then my variation, as I tend to tweak the recipes as I go.  This recipe worked wonderfully and I actually had all the ingredients that it called for, so I foresee no issues for anyone else attempting it. One thing you should be aware of: I baked mine for about 30 minutes before I felt they were done enough. At the suggested 23 minutes they were still pretty doughy.

These blueberry babies got good reviews from both myself and my beau. Success. 

In the future I will be sure to post pictures of what I make! You'll have to forgive me, I'm new to blogging and I forgot that you could do such cool things!! 

Now let's all take a moment and celebrate surviving MONDAY! Happy days to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment