Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Spice of Life

Ok, so call me crazy, but I've made some changes. This is the site formerly know as The Unslipping Knot. Yes, I know. It was hardly even two weeks old! But I'm really excited about the changes I've made because I now have a contributor! My dear friend, Leesa, hereby known as Weazel (yes, we're aware that it is misspelled) has offered to help me out! She is brilliant, strong, and beautiful! I'm so excited to have her!

In addition to the new addition, I will also be signing my (b)log posts as Beaver (where Leesa will sign as Weazel), so that if you cannot tell by the post itself, you will know who wrote it!

I will let her tell you a little bit about herself...

Thank you Beav, for that marvelous introduction.  My name is Leesa but I've been known as Weazel since I was 8 or 9 years old. It's a long, boring story involving a fish - all you need to know is that it's my name! :)

From Monday through Friday 8am-5pm I am a receptionist at a primary care doctor's office, but in my real life I'm an eccentric ball of goofiness. I have a little doggy named Abbey, I refer to myself as her mommy and she is my little girl; yes, I am one of THOSE pet owners. In my opinion, it's the only kind of pet owner to be. I also have a wonderful boyfriend who finally made me understand what all those cliche sayings about love & happiness mean, and I could not ask for more. He & Abbey are my heart. 

I'm known for being a quasi-health nut. I count every calorie I eat, therefore I try to make them count. I try to stay away from fatty foods, or foods that just don't offer much value nutritionally. I'm still learning the ways of the 'whole food' world, so many of my (b)logs will be about my experiences with new recipes, new foods, or how hard it can be to find some of these foods in a not-so-health-centered supermarket! It feels like quite an adventure to me, but since I've started this journey I can honestly say I've gained more confidence, I feel better in my own skin, and I feel healthy. Don't get me wrong - I am still overcoming hurdles in my healthy lifestyle. I am constantly tempted by yummy goodies! Also, exercise is not my strong point. Working on that one, too!!

Beav thought it would be fun to add my adventures to her adventures and have a well rounded blog full of everything from sewing, crocheting, comic books, movies, and TV to cooking with a variety of whole foods like flax meal, chia seeds, whole wheat flour, and perhaps some funny anecdotes about our insane animals and everyday lives (or really, just whatever we feel inspired to share).

I hope you enjoy our posts as much as we enjoy sharing them with you! Until next time, we bid you adieu!

<3 Weaz & Beav

No comments:

Post a Comment